Friday, December 2, 2011

DVD/Blu-Ray Picks Of The Week - 11/29/11

Sammy's Pick: HORROR EXPRESS (Region 1 Blu-Ray/DVD Combo; Severin)
Fun little film with Cushing and Lee seemingly having a good time. There are many scenes with them together on screen (for a change) and Telly Savalas really hams it up, sans lollipop unfortunately. Good price as well....GRAB IT!!!

Links:
Amazon
Diabolik DVD
Blu-Ray.com Review

Aaron's Pick: CHILLERAMA (Region 1 DVD & Blu-Ray; Image Entertainment)
First of all, I second Sammy's pick for this week. HORROR EXPRESS is a great, underseen horror movie, and I'm glad the boys at Severin finally cleaned it up and gave it a decent, much-deserved release. However, I decided to go with CHILLERAMA as my pick of the week despite not having seen it yet. It's been making the rounds at festivals and whatnot over the last few months, and everything I've heard about it this far has been positive. Plus, I'm a sucker for anthology horror movies.

Links:
Amazon DVD and Blu-Ray
Blu-Ray.com Review

1 comment:

  1. Oh MAN! I love Horror Express...

    http://zombiehall.blogspot.com/2011/10/horror-express.html

    Great news.

    ReplyDelete