Tuesday, May 10, 2011

DVD/Blu-Ray Picks Of The Week - 5/10/11


Sammy's Pick: I SAW THE DEVIL (Region 1 Blu-Ray; Magnolia)
William and I disagree on this one slightly but I found this film was beautiful to look at and if you like mean and viscous killing? You will be entertained by the set pieces in this film...I found it flawed but it has an amazing scene in a taxi cab you will NEVER forget. Check it out!!!
Links:
Amazon Blu-Ray and DVD
Diabolik DVD and Blu-Ray


Large William's Pick: STEVEN SEAGAL COLLECTION (Region 1 DVD; 20th Century Fox)
Here it is gang, yet another more than reasonably priced boxset with some great films. Did you wake up this morning and say to yourself, "y'know, this Tuesday has been good so far, but I'm in the mood for something with some nonstop mini ponytails, black mandarin collar shirts, bad New York accents and general badassery" Look no further. The Steven Seagal collection serves up our man Gino Felino in 3 seminal films from his early work, before it became easy to make fun of the man. This is when he was still the baddest Motherfucker on the block. People can chant "JCVD! JCVD!" all they want, but I'll take my man S.Seagal every day of the week..

kisses(and aikido),
William

Links:
Amazon


Rupert Pupkin's Pick: HANG 'EM HIGH (Region 1 Blu-Ray; MGM)
HANG 'EM HIGH. I haven't seen this film in a long long time, but I remember loving it when I when I saw it 20 years ago. Watched it during my Clint Eastwood phase, which was followed quickly by my Bruce Lee phase, my Chuck Norris phase and my Charles Bronson phase. Anyway, it's a solid little western, cool it's coming to blu.

Links:
Amazon Blu-Ray
Blu-ray.com Specs and Review

No comments:

Post a Comment